8.26.2010

No Longer Socks

Remember the Tyrolean Stockings I shanked?  Well, I've finally turned them into a useful finished item.

Leg warmers!

The transformation started with me snipping off the toes.  Literally.  I had already woven in the ends, so there was no chance I was going to be able to unwind it and save every last bit of yarn, so instead I got my sharpest scissors and cut the toes off.  Then I pulled out the entire foot to the ankle.

Frogging (unraveling) knitted work is always kind of traumatic, but the end result was worth it.  I put the stitches back on the needles, knit an inch or so of ribbing, and done!


Despite the screw up, this is probably one of my favourite finished pieces ever!  And Bic actually wears them, which is the best part.

2 comments:

Mel @ Wildflower said...

And they look great!

softearthart said...

Lovely,a nice knitted pattern, and she will have nice warm legs for warm ups. cheers Marie