10.27.2007

more last minute gifts

Why do I always seem to be cranking out last minute gifts? I guess I appropriately named this blog, eh? I had a trip out to Cali to see the rellies, and wanted to bring a few nice hand-knit items. I had this scarf (the Airy Scarf from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts) laying around that had been knit as a last minute gift months ago.



I never gave it away, because I didn't like how it turned out. I decided to resurrect it and make it a bit nicer by adding a beaded fringe.

Beaded Jaggerspun Zephyr Scarf

I like it much better now. My 15 year old first cousin once removed liked it very much, and wore it around all day after I gave it to her. :)

The other gifts I made super quick from a couple of Be Sweet Magic Balls. I so love this yarn. I very loosely followed this pattern.

Be Sweet Shifting Sands Wrap

Be Sweet Shifting Sands Wrap Back

Be Sweet Magic Ball Wrap

Let's see, how did I change it? I used size 19 needles, a long circular because by the end there are a lot of stitches in each row. I cast on 45 stitches, increased at the beginning of every row for about 5 inches, then increased at the beginning and end of every row for about 5 inches, then did a row of (kfb, k2) repeated all the way across then cast off. The first one (the whitish one) I guessed pretty well, and ended with only a yard or so of yarn left over. The second one (the bluish one) I finished too early, and ended with quite a bit left, but too little to do anything with. I tried knitting it into a very small, very thin scarf, but it didn't really work. Oh well.

2 comments:

Macoco said...

The beaded fringe definitely adds something to the scarf. Very pretty color.

Unknown said...

I like them all!! Especially the white one...a.k.a. my birthday prezzie. :)