4.29.2007

warm baby legs

On my supposed knitting hiatus I also made these adorable little leg warmers. Big Sister just started dance classes, so I made them for her, but she prefers her pink leggings to dance in. Baby gets to wear the hand knit goodies instead. I made the pattern up myself.

JaggerSpun Zephyr DK 50% merino wool / 50% silk, color Elderberry
Size US 8 long circular needle (knit in the round using magic loop method)

Loosely cast on 32 stitches.
Join and knit 8 rounds of k2 p2 ribbing.
Switch to stocking stitch and knit 40 rounds.
k2 p2 ribbing for 8 rounds.
Cast off loosely.
Weave in tails.

Final measurements - 7.5 inches long, 6 inches around unstretched
Fits up to an 8 inch calf.

They fit both my almost 4-year-old and my 17-month-old, both of whom are quite slender and petitie.

And that's it. Pretty complicated, eh?

No comments: