3.14.2007

what's the point?

I've been trying to post and update with my finished project, but blogger doesn't seem to want to let me upload any photos. :( And what's the point of a knitting blog entry with no pictures of knitting?

Oh well, I'll just tell you about it then. I finished the ribbon tie jacket. It's cute, but not quite as cute as I was expecting. Probably because it just barely fits Big Sister, and she tried it on over a long sleeve dress, which bunched up the sleeves unattractively. If it still fits her in spring (just one week away!) she could wear it over a tank top shirt or dress, and it will probably look a lot better. And then of course Baby will fit it in a year or so.

So now I'm back to working the little lavender lace angel top for Baby. I was crazy, and had stopped working on it in the middle of a row! What was I thinking? I had to count 3 or 4 times to make sure I still had the 103 stitches that I started with. Not the easiest thing with baby weight yarn, and babies running around making all sorts of distracting noises. Again, this should be a nice spring sweater, so I hope it doesn't take too long. The lace pattern is and easy to remember 4 rows (yf, k2, sl1, k1, psso, k2tog, k2, yf, k1 - purl wrong sides, and right sides are 1 stitch off of each other). It has a cute little scalloped bottom edge, which I would show you if I could upload pictures.

No comments: