1.26.2008

covert knitting

I probably shouldn't be knitting. My shoulder still hurts. It's gotten slightly better, but it's not 100% yet. But I can't help it. I must knit. So I did. Bic had another birthday party to go to, so I knit a quick hat as a gift for Eliza who turned 5 years old. Here it is modeled on Gigi who's just 21 months old.

Earflap Hat

Don't worry, it fit Eliza fine, it's a stretchy hat. It took me about 3 hours to knit, and I was sewing in the ends up to the very last minute before the party. I had wanted to have it be more interesting, like with different colors, or pompoms, but I just didn't have the time. Oh well. Next time I'll give myself 5 hours.

The pattern was from Knitscene's premiere issue. Very easy top down earflap hat, written for any yarn, any needles, any gauge. I used some old 100purewool worsted merino I had lying around. Just about half a skein for the hat in the child/woman's size.

Now I'm just working on finishing the Clapotis scarf I've been working on. It's sooooo slow going, seeing as it's in laceweight yarn. I can't wait till I finish it and can start on something new.

No comments: