4.08.2007

easter bolero

Finished just in time! My mother bought me a dress for Easter last week, and seeing as it's a sleeveless dress, and having it still be absolutely FREEZING here despite the supposed arrival of spring, I decided I needed a little shrug type thing to wear with it to keep my shoulders warm. At the store the dress was shown on a hanger with a cute little white capped sleeve shrug type thing, so I searched online for something similar. The closest I could find was the Cloud Bolero. Looked cute enough, so I wound by hand a skein of Gaia, undyed organic 100% merino wool. This is the first time I've knit with it, and it is so so so soft. I love it. I took a big risk, especially considering my recent knitting issues, and started right in without knitting a gauge swatch. The pattern calls for chunky weight, I guessed the Gaia was worsted. I used size 11 needles. Luck was on my side, I knit a size small exactly to specifications, and it fits perfectly. I finished it last night. I was planning on wet blocking it, but didn't think it would dry in time, so this is it, fresh off the needles.



1 comment:

Macoco said...

Wow the back is so pretty - the dress looks really cute too!